Dakshina Vaidyanathan - PriyaLasya 3E Dancer Year - 2015
Introduction - Dakshina Vaidyanathan - PriyaLasya 3E Dancer Year - 2015
Dakshina Vaidyanathan belongs to a family of eminent Bharatanatyam dancers. She has undergone rigorous training in her own home Ganesa Natyalaya under the able tutelage of her Grand Mother Guru Dr. Saroja Vaidyanathan (Padmabhushan awardee) and her mother Rama Vaidyanathan.
She teaches Bharatanatyam to underprivileged children under the organization SARVAM. Dakshina is considered as one of the gifted and talented dancer in the younger generation of Bharatanatyam.
Awards & Recognitions
She was awarded the CCRT scholarship by the Department of Culture Govt.Of India in 2003 and then again in 2014,
The Kalpana Chawla Award, in the Young Achievers' category in 2005.
The NIRBHAYA PURASKAR by OYSS in 2015 and NATYA RATNA by Trinity Arts Chennai in 2014 for her contribution to Indian Classical Dance in 2015.
Academic Qualifications & Teaching
She is a Diploma holder in Bharatanatyam from Indira Kala Sangeet Vishwavidyalaya and an Electronics and Communication Engineer, having studied from Vellore Institute of Technology.
Dakshina has been actively teaching Bharatanatyam at Ganesa Natyalaya and has also been involved in choreographing several Dance productions. She has conceived and directed three group productions titled "From Zero To Infinity", "Nakshatra" and “Newton's Law of Karma” and has done a solo productions “Cleopatra” and “Shoorpanakha” all within the Bharatanatyam style.
She also actively does Workshop Demonstrations and travels widely within the country through SPICMACAY and is an active performer with SOORYA. She has been to UAE, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait, Malaysia, Singapore, Australia, USA and all over India with SOORYA for various performance tours, including the one for the National Games 2015. She is an empaneled artist with the ICCR.
She has performed at many national and international festivals of reckoning like the Khajuraho Festival held by the Government of Madhya Pradesh, the Mudra Festival held by the NCPA in Mumbai, The Carthage International Festival in Tunisia, the Brave Festival in Poland, the Drive East festival in Manhattan, New York City, Rasavikalpam in Kerala, Paatra Parichay, New Delhi and has also spoken and performed at the world wide forum TEDx in New Delhi. She has got critical acclaim in news journals like The New York Times, The Hindu and many other local newspapers all around the country and the world.
Important Performances - Year 2015
* Performed DWITA- a duet with Rama Vaidyanathan a Brahma Gana Sabha, Chennai for their Mother-Daughter festival in Jan 2015 and then all over USA in April-May 2015
* Did her solo production SHOORPANAKHA as part of the festival PATRA PARICHAYA in Delhi in Feb 2015
* Was a part of NRITYARUPA- a dance production produced by Sangeet Natak Academy, New Delhi, at the Festival of India in Seychelles in October 2015
* Was a tutor at MILAPFEST’s DANCE INDIA 2015 in Liverpool, United Kingdom
Dwiat- all around USA in 2015 including the Skirball Theatre, for the World Music Institute’s DANCING THE GODS festival
* Performed for the 'Guru Gopinath Natanagramam Natya Utsavam', Trivanrum in Januay 2014
* Performed at the Khajuraho Festival 2014 on the Inaugural day 20th Feb, in a duet recital- Bharatanatyam-Odissi Jugalbandi
* Performed a new collaborative production “Cleopatra” at Global Heritage Series, the March edition 2014, in New Delhi
* Performed DWITA with her mother Rama Vaidyanathan at the prestigious MUDRA festival of the National Center for Performing Arts (NCPA),
Mumbai in April 2014, in Brahma Gana Sabha during the December Season the same year
* Gave a prestigious TEDx talk and performance on her new group production in innovative choreography in Bharatanatym titled 'NEWTON'S LAW OF KARMA'
* Was a part of the choreographic production 'BRAHMAKALPA- The Eternal Universe' choreographed by Rama Vaidyanathan and Ajith Dass in Malaysia and Singapore in June 2014 and in New Delhi in October 2014
* Performed a duet Bharatanatyam recital with Rama Vaidyanathan at the BRAVE FESTIVAL in Wroclaw, Poland in July 2014
* Performed for the DRIVE EAST festival of Dance and Music in Manhattan, New York City, USA in August 2014- her first solo debut in New York
* Performed solo at the MANTHANA festival in Mangalore in August 2014
* Performed for SOORYA festival's PARAMPARA series and Kerala Sangeet Natak Academy's RASAVIKALPAM series all throughout Kerala in November 2014
* Performed solo for the Soorya Festival in Trivandrum in January 2013
* Performed solo at the Sangeen Natak Academy festival in Jodhpur held by the Jodhpur Sangeet Natak Academy, in January 2013
* Performed solo at the Sahitya Kala Parishad festival- “Festival of Young Musicians and Dancers” in January 2013
* Performed the role of Yashodhara in Guru Saroja Vaidyanathan's dance drama “Yashodhara” in July 2013
* The Carthage International Festival at Carthage, Tunisia, a group performance sponsored by he ICCR in July 2013
* Performed solo at the “Spirit of Youth Festival” at the Music Academy in August 2013, one of the most prestigious festivals for young dancers in India
* Performed at the Lotus Temple in New Delhi in September 2013 for the “Unity Concert Series”
* Performed at Natyanjali Trust's 'Natya Utsavam' in Chennai in October 2013
* Performed solo for “Vande Nrityam” a festival of Young Dancers in New Delhi in December 2012
* Performed solo at the Sai International Arts Festival for young dancers, held in Bangalore in December 2012
Credits & Keywords- PriyaLasya, 3E, Dakshina Vaidyanathan, Bharatanatyam. Do Not Copy, Copyrights Acknowledged, PriyaLasya, Hamara,Vijish Vijayan (C), JY16-7-1
Published On : 2015
Content published for public or private access is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. Hamara may not monitor or control or endorse the Content published in the space or the channels and cannot take any responsibility for such Content. Please read the terms & conditions of use carefully before using the site.
If you find any harmful, annoying, or illegal content in Hamara.in, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: REPORT CONTENT - REQUEST REMOVAL