Kuchipudi Artiste Space - Priyanka Pahari
Smt. Srimayi is disciple and Daughter-in-law of Guru Padmabhushan Dr. Vempati China Satyami, Kuchipudi Art Academy, Chennai.
* Certificate of Diploma ‘Natya Visharada’.
* Participated in various dance performances conducted by Kuchipudi Art Academy
- Performance include dance dramas like “Rukmini Kalyanam”, “Chandalika”.
- Group presentations like “Mahishasura Mardini” and in solo presentations across India.
* Performed ‘Rangapravesam’ On 15th October 2016 in Padma Bhushan Dr Vempati Chinna Satyam Kuchipudi Art Academy, Chennai.
* Now performing solo in USA and Canada.
- Performances include solos in Telugu Cultural Association (2017 & 2018), Toronto International Dance Festival (2018).
* At present training students to spread the tradition of Kuchipudi dance form in Canada(Toronto)and promoting small dance events in schools with children.
* Learnt Kathak under Digvijay Bhatyacharya (deciple of Ms Saswati Sen), and finished junior diploma from Prachin Kalakendra(Chandigarh).
* Kathak solo performances in Kolkata.
* Started learning Bharatanatyam and honed her skills under the tutelage of various Gurus like Aditya Mitra, Ashok Chakravarty, Subrata Pandit and Anita Mallick.
* Performed in various programmes like Chandalika (under Anita Mallick), Chitrangada (under Aditya Mitra), Veer Purush (Subrata Pandit) etc.
* Bachelor of Commerce from Calcutta University.
* Bachelor’s in Psychology from Madras University.
* Worked as special educator in Chettinad Srihari Vikasam in Chennai till 2016.
* At present undergoing course “Early Childhood Education” from George Brown College, Canada.
* Besides dance, she has various diplomas to her credit like diploma in Sarbobharatiya Sangeet-O-sanskriti Parisad in 2007 and certificate “Shilpa Visharad” in fine arts in 2009.
* Priyanka’s other interests are oil painting, music and travelling.
Credits & Keywords- Kuchipudi, Priyanka Pahari, Kuchipudi Art Academy Chennai, Srimayi Vempati, Canada, Vempati Chinna Satyam Parampara
Do Not Copy, Copyrights Acknowledged, PriyaLasya, Hamara, (C), PL.1018-K-30.1